- 1 lb. ground turkey (Can use any ground meat you have) (I had turkey on hand)
- 16 oz. pinto bean, canned, drained
- 15 oz. kidney bean, dark red, canned, drained
- 15 oz. black bean, drained
- 2 - 14.5 oz tomatoes, diced, canned
- 8 oz. tomato sauce, canned
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 oz. green chilis, chopped, canned
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
Sometimes it’s fun just to use what is in your pantry or refrigerator like I did for this delicious Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Three Bean Chili!
- Brown ground turkey (or any ground meat) in a skillet with onion, pepper and celery.
- Half way through browning the turkey, drain the liquid from the bottom to help it brown. (The watery liquid comes from the celery, onion and peppers.)
- Transfer to slow cooker, and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours or on High for 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream
NOTE: I also added about 1/2 c. chicken broth that I had left over from the night before when I made another slow cooker meal.