- 1 package of Hurst's HamBeens® Cajun 15 Bean Soup
- 2.5 c. Shredded Turkey
- 4 c. Water
- 4 c. Chicken Broth
- 10.5oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- Cajun Seasoning Packet
Slow Cooker Turkey & Cajun 15 Bean Soup® will now be on my holiday traditions list. Everyone loved it that much!
Thanksgiving was a hit this year! I hosted 30 people and that meant 2 turkeys, 1 turkey breast and a ham and all the trimmings! (Luckily my brother-in-law helped with the turkeys.) Everything turned out perfectly and a good time was had by all! Even though I sent everyone home with leftovers in my Thanksgiving to-go containers (brilliant!) I still had a ton of leftover turkey. So the next day I made this Slow Cooker Turkey & Cajun 15 Bean Soup®. I hope you enjoy the recipe! If you only have the original 15 Bean Soup® beans, substitute 2 Tablespoons of chili powder and 1 tsp. of cumin for added flavor.
- Sort & Rinse beans
- Soak beans overnight
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. (note: I used white and dark meat.)
- Cover & cook for 7-8 hours on Low.
- Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheese and crackers, if desired.