- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 15 oz. Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 4 oz. can of Sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 2 T. Italian Seasoning
- 2 T. Sugar
- 2 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 c. Chicken or Beef Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
There is almost nothing better than homemade pasta sauce! Once you’ve made this recipe for Slow Cooker Easy Bolognese Sauce, you’ll know what I’m talking about! – And, the longer you let it simmer, the better it tastes. I have even been known to let this slow cook all day while I’m at work. I love coming home to the aroma of this delicious sauce. I hope you do too!
- Brown beef and onion over medium-high heat just until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain grease on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Transfer meat/onion mixture to a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Enjoy with your favorite pasta or as the sauce for your favorite lasagna. I’ve served extra as a dip for garlic breadsticks too!