- 1 T. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Stick Butter, softened
- 1 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 Loaf, Frozen Bread Dough
- 1/4 c. Heavy Cream
- 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
- 3 T. Heavy Cream or Milk
I LOVE cinnamon rolls! I’ve actually heard there was a study done and the scent that men loved more than anything else was cinnamon rolls! I’m not sure if that is true but I can tell you that my husband is always happy when he wakes up to the delicious scent of these Slow Cooker “Homemade” Cinnamon Rolls.
- Take bread out of the freezer and thaw on greased cookie sheet on counter top.
- Note: use bread as soon as it is thawed – you don’t want it to rise just yet!
- In a small bowl, combine butter, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Roll thawed dough out to a large rectangle. (about 12×6)
- Spread sugar mixture over the entire rectangle of dough.
- Roll dough in a log shape, keeping dough taught.
- Moisten edge slightly and seal shut.
- Slice into 10 pieces and arrange in greased 6-Quart slow cooker crock.
- Cover with a dish towel and let sit for 30-60 minutes or until rolls have doubled in size.
- Pour Heavy Cream over top cinnamon rolls.
- Place crock insert into slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or just until cooked through.
- Mix 3 T. milk/cream and powdered sugar to make a glaze. Drizzle glaze over cinnamon rolls before serving.NOTE: I’ve found that the amount of time varies greatly between my slow cookers so I would suggest testing this recipe in your slow cooker before making for company. If you’re like me, you’ll have plenty of taste testers!