- 1/2 Loaf of French Bread (stale is ok!)
- 8 Strawberries, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 c. Whole Milk
- 4 T. Strawberry Jam
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 3 oz. Cream Cheese, cubed (Optional)
Ever wondered what to do with that leftover half loaf of French bread? Make this recipe! If the French bread is a bit dried out, no worries, it will taste even better!
This Slow Cooker Strawberries & Cream Bread Pudding is so delicious there are never any leftovers. Make this the next time you’ve got stale bread – it’s delicious!
- Grease a Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tear bread into 2-inch pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Slice strawberries into small pieces and scatter over the bread.
- Optional Step: Sprinkle cubed cream cheese over strawberry layer. (This is how my daughter likes it!)
- In a blender, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Pour liquid ingredients over top bread and strawberries in the slow cooker.
- Push down a bit on the bread to make sure it’s completely covered with the liquid.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid and switch slow cooker to the “off” position.
- Use potholders to remove the insert from the slow cooker and set on a hot pad. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, dish into small bowls and top with ice cream OR top with butter and a light sprinkle of powdered sugar.