- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 T. Italian Seasoning
- 2 c. Marinara Sauce
- ¼ c. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 12 Slices, Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 Slider Rolls
Everything is better on a slider roll and these Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sliders are no exception! Perfect for a weeknight meal or wrapped up in foil and taken “on the go” – these sliders are always a hit!
- Place chicken breasts in a 5-Quart Slow Cooker
- In a small bowl, combine 2 c. marinara sauce, all the seasonings, sugar, and ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove only the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a Meat Rake or two forks. (Another Option: An easy way to shred meat is to use two forks and pull in opposite directions. Since slow cooked meat is so tender, it should shred quite easily!)
- Place shredded chicken back in the slow cooker set to Warm and stir to combine well with sauce.
- To serve, split open slider rolls and place in a toaster oven to warm.
- Top warmed slider rolls with shredded chicken and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
Yield is 12 slider rolls. I usually account for 2 per person.