- 1.5 lbs. Ground Beef (85% Lean)
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 10 oz. Rotel or Diced Tomatoes with Green Peppers
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 15 oz. Low Sodium Black Beans
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 T. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Sweet Potato, washed, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12 oz.) Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale
- 1 Bay Leaf
I love fall! The crisp, cool air, football season, Halloween and the beautiful autumn colors. One thing I’m particularly in love with this fall is Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale. (Thanks to a friend who introduced me to this lovely brew.) With hints of clove, nutmeg and allspice, it’s practically begging for me to slow cook with it! Not only does it taste delicious, it’s great in many dishes, including this recipe for Slow Cooker Harvest Pumpkin Chili.
- I used a Stovetop Safe Slow Cooker for this recipe – only one pot to clean!
- Heat the stovetop safe slow cooker insert over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and onions. Cook just until beef is no longer pink. Turn off heat.
- Carefully (use oven mitts) use a large spoon to gather and discard any grease.
- Add in remaining ingredients except beer and bay leaf. Stir well.
- Use potholders and move insert into the slow cooker base.
- Place bay leaf on top of ingredients and pour in ale.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 6 Hours.
- Let chili cool slightly before serving. Top with sour cream and serve with a Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale, if desired.