- 1 T. Butter
- 2 c. Jasmine Rice
- 4 c. Canned Coconut Milk (about 2 cans)
- 2 T. Brown Sugar
- 2 Mangoes, sliced
I recently had the most delicious dessert at a Thai restaurant and like most dishes, I declared “I can make that in a slow cooker!” So I went home and made my version of Thai sticky rice dessert over and over until I was happy with the results. I hope you love Slow Cooker Coconut Rice Pudding with Fresh Mango as much as my family!
- Soak rice in water for a few hours overnight. Drain but DO NOT RINSE.
- Butter a 4-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add rice to the slow cooker and pour 2 c. coconut milk (canned, not the refrigerated kind!) and 2 c. water over top rice.
- Cover and cook for 1 Hour on HIGH.
- Once rice is finished, fluff with a fork and recover.
- Heat remaining 2 cups of coconut milk on the stove top and simmer.
- Stir in 2 T. brown sugar and dissolve.
- Portion out the rice in 1/2 c. servings on individual plates.
- Drizzle the sweetened warm coconut milk over top rice portions and top with freshly sliced mango. Enjoy!