Cooking Time:5 1/2 hours on LOW
Ingredients1/2 lb. White Fish, cut in chunks
1/2 c. Scallops or Shrimp
2 Slices of Bacon, diced
1 Medium Onion, diced
1 lb. Red Potatoes, diced
2 c. Milk
1 c. Water
1 Bay Leaf
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. Cornstarch
2 T. Water
Slow Cooker Seafood and Bacon Chowder is a hearty chowder that will become a repeat on your menu! Delicious!
- Chop the bacon and cook in a skillet over medium-high.
- Carefully drain off any fat then add the onions and potato.
- Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes over medium-high.
- Place potato mixture to a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Set JUST the whitefish in the slow cooker and lightly spoon some of the mixture over the chunks.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
- Taste, and if additional seasoning are needed, add at this time.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth (no lumps) and pour into the chowder.
- Stir well. Add the shrimp or scallops and cook for another 30 – 45 minutes on Low.
SERVE with crusty bread, sprinkle with parsley (if desired) and a nice salad for a hearty meal.