- 3 lbs. frozen white fish fillets, thawed
- 6 T. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 T. dry mustard
- 1/4 T. nutmeg
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- layer of buttered bread crumbs (Optional)
Love making fish in the slow cooker, and Slow Cooker Fish Au Gratin as it is so easy and fast.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, mustard and nutmeg. Gradually adding milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add lemon juice and cheese. Stirring until cheese is melted.
- Place fish in slow cooker, spoon sauce over fish to cover. Optional: Add buttered bread crumbs on top
- Cover. Cook on High 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until fish flakes.