- 1 1/2 lbs. beef, chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1/2 c. oyster sauce (found at grocery store with Asian foods)
- 1/2 – 1 lb. broccoli, florets, fresh or frozen (I prefer fresh)
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 T. cornstarch
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli is a real keeper, and the Oyster sauce is a key flavor in this recipe! Why go out to eat when you can make this delicious dish at home? ENJOY!
- Arrange beef strips in a slow cooker and pour beef broth and oyster sauce over the beef. (NOTE: You can sub soy sauce if you prefer.)
- Cover & Crock on LOW for 6–8 hours or on HIGH for 3–4 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Microwave FRESH broccoli in microwave safe bowl with 1/4 c. water. The broccoli should be tender in 4–5 minutes. (NOTE: If using frozen broccoli, follow directions on packaging.)
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid (liquid from the broth and juices of the meat in the crock) in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add cornstarch liquid mixture to the crock and stir in until well combined.
- Fold drained broccoli into the slow cooker.
- Leave uncovered. Cook on High for about 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Serve over your favorite cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds!