- 1 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 3 T. Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. 2% Milk
- 6 eggs
- Powdered Sugar, for garnish, if desired
- Fruit of your choice (i.e. peeled & sliced apples)
My family loves a tasty hot breakfast, and this Slow Cooker German Pancake is so easy and quick. I usually put everything in the slow cooker, then get ready for the day while breakfast is cooking (it only taste one hour!) You can also top this pancake with your favorite fruit! YUM!
Note: For best results set measured milk and eggs on counter to get close to room temperature before making this recipe. I usually set out the milk and eggs about 15 minutes before I start this recipe, just to start with ingredients that are as close to room temp as possible. (This will help egg and milk incorporate into recipe more easily.)
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Create a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Pour half of the milk/egg mixture in the well you formed in the dry ingredients. Mix ingredients.
- Once combined, add remaining milk/egg mixture and stir until combined (do not over-stir!)
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on High for 1 hour or until pancake has “puffed.”
NOTE: Serve with fresh fruit and powdered sugar.