- 1 loaf of white bread
- 3 c. grated sharp cheddar or gruyere cheese
- 1/4 c. butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 3 c. warm milk (important to temper with eggs)
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dried Mustard
- Optional: Add your favorite herb, basil, oregano, cilantro (your choice)
Slow Cooker Cheesy Breakfast Soufflé is an easy and tasty alternative to making eggs in the morning. I usually have all of the ingredients on-hand so I can make it even if it’s a last-minute request from my husband or daughter. (It usually starts with “you know what would be good for breakfast tomorrow…”) I hope you like this simple recipe as much as we do. Happy Crocking!
- Tear bread into small pieces. Place half the bread in a generously greased slow cooker.
- Add half of the cheese and half the butter.
- Repeat with another layer using the second half of each ingredient – bread, cheese, butter.
- Beat together eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce and salt, then pour over bread and cheese.
- OPTIONAL: Chop up your favorite fresh herb and add, if desired.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 4-6 hours. DO NOT open until ready to serve.
NOTE: If desired, you can add 1 cup of cooked, diced ham to this recipe. Just divide and use half for each layer.