- 2 lbs. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper, diced
- 2 c. celery, finely diced
- 1 c. yellow onions
- 2 c. tomatoes, fresh, diced
- 2 c. chicken broth, Organic, Free Range
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked wild-caught; peeled, and de-veined
- 2 c. brown rice
If you want a healthy recipe with some spice, you will love Slow Cooker Clean Eating Jambalaya.
- Combine chicken breasts, bell pepper, celery, onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, garlic, seasoning and salt into large, 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or High for 3 hours.
- Stir occasionally, if needed.
- Add shrimp to slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for an additional 2 hours or on High for 1 hour.
- Cook brown rice according to the directions on the package, stirring in the last 15-20 minutes before your meal is done.