Cooking Time:8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High
Ingredients2 lbs. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1/2 c. green bell pepper, diced
2 c. celery, finely diced
1 c. yellow onions
2 c. tomatoes, fresh, diced
2 c. chicken broth, Organic, Free Range
6 oz. tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 T. cajun seasoning
1 tsp. sea salt
1 lb shrimp, uncooked wild-caught; peeled, and de-veined
2 c. brown rice
If you want a healthy recipe with some spice, you will love Slow Cooker Clean Eating Jambalaya.
- Combine chicken breasts, bell pepper, celery, onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, garlic, seasoning and salt into large, 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or High for 3 hours.
- Stir occasionally, if needed.
- Add shrimp to slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for an additional 2 hours or on High for 1 hour.
- Cook brown rice according to the directions on the package, stirring in the last 15-20 minutes before your meal is done.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Very good flavor but I would recommend pre cooking the rice and adding it 15 min before serving. I cooked the shrimp and rice on high for an extra hour after adding and the rice wasn’t done and the shrimp was then mealy because it was overcooked.
Agree with Ashley. Rice was NOT cooked in over 2 hours on high. Something is not right with this recipe…..either an instant rice is needed or cooked rice needs to be added at end. I like the idea of cooking the rice in the crock pot because it would absorb the flavor / broth. However, right now, I have crunchy rice.
Where is the andouille sausage?
It is in the bowl, I should have made sure the sausage was showing… Enjoy and Happy Crocking!