Cooking Time:8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High
Ingredients2 lbs. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1/2 c. green bell pepper, diced
2 c. celery, finely diced
1 c. yellow onions
2 c. tomatoes, fresh, diced
2 c. chicken broth, Organic, Free Range
6 oz. tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 T. cajun seasoning
1 tsp. sea salt
1 lb shrimp, uncooked wild-caught; peeled, and de-veined
2 c. brown rice
If you want a healthy recipe with some spice, you will love Slow Cooker Clean Eating Jambalaya.
- Combine chicken breasts, bell pepper, celery, onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, garlic, seasoning and salt into large, 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or High for 3 hours.
- Stir occasionally, if needed.
- Add shrimp to slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for an additional 2 hours or on High for 1 hour.
- Cook brown rice according to the directions on the package, stirring in the last 15-20 minutes before your meal is done.