- 1 c. steel-cut oats, gluten free, (Bob Red's Mill has gluten free oats)
- 4 c. water
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 T. coconut palm sugar
- 2 T. raw honey
- Nuts of choice, for garnish
Breakfast of champions? Check. Feed the chocolate craving first thing in the morning? Check. Slow Cooker “Gluten Free” Hot Cocoa Oatmeal is a hearty and flavorful oatmeal that gives you a protein and chocolate fix in one!
- In a large bowl, combine the water, milk, vanilla, and honey. Add the cocoa, sugar, and sea salt. Lastly, add oats.
- Coat inside of a 4-Quart slow cooker with oil or use a Slow Cooker Liner. Pour in Oatmeal mixture.
- Cover and crock on LOW 1-2 hours, and then set to WARM when you head for bed.
- In the morning, give the oatmeal a good stir and top with some shaved chocolate and nuts to serve.(Note: If you like it really sweet, you can always add more honey or sugar right before serving.)