- 1 1/2 c. fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 3 apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 c. uncooked steel-cut oats
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 T. hazelnuts, chopped
As you know I love to serve a warm breakfast to my husband and daughter – especially during the cooler weather in Fall/Winter. Slow Cooker Maple-Hazelnut Steel Oats Oatmeal is definitely in our “favorites” rotation!
- Bring milk and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Coat a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place hot milk mixture, apples, oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt in your slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 hours or until oats are tender.
- Serve in bowls and top with maple syrup and hazelnuts.