Cooking Time:6-7 hours
Ingredients1 1/2 c. fat-free milk
1 1/2 c. water
3 apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 c. uncooked steel-cut oats
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. butter
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. Nutella hazelnut spread
2 T. maple syrup
2 T. hazelnuts, chopped
As you know I love to serve a warm breakfast to my husband and daughter – especially during the cooler weather in Fall/Winter. Slow Cooker Maple-Hazelnut Steel Oats Oatmeal is definitely in our “favorites” rotation!
- Bring milk and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Coat a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place hot milk mixture, apples, oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt in your slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours or until oats are tender.
- Stir in Nutella.
- Serve in bowls and top with maple syrup and hazelnuts.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
[…] Slow Cooker Steel Coats Oatmeal, recipe from […]
Could I use something other than hazelnuts, maybe pecans, walnuts or maybe even chopped almonds? Love your recipes!
Absolutely Nancy! Make this recipe your own, and change it up to your liking! Enjoy! 🙂
I have a 6 qt crockpot, would you just recommend doubling the recipe? Do you think it would freeze ok?
Hi Mandie, I would recommend doubling this recipe. For the slow cooker to crock properly it needs to be 1/2 to 2/3 full. I have never had the opportunity to freeze this recipe. I am sure it will work fine. I have kept it in the refrigerator for a couple days, and we warmed it up again for breakfast. This recipe is very YUMMY!
Are there substitutes for the fat-free milk? Would Almond Milk work as well? Thanks!
Making this tonight. I am excited to try it!