Cooking Time:6–7 hours
Ingredients1 1/2 c. fat-free milk
1 1/2 c. water
3 apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 c. uncooked steel-cut oats
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. butter
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. Nutella hazelnut spread
2 T. maple syrup
2 T. hazelnuts, chopped
As you know I love to serve a warm breakfast to my husband and daughter — especially during the cooler weather in Fall/Winter. Slow Cooker Maple-Hazelnut Steel Oats Oatmeal is definitely in our “favorites” rotation!
- Bring milk and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Coat a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place hot milk mixture, apples, oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt in your slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6–7 hours or until oats are tender.
- Stir in Nutella.
- Serve in bowls and top with maple syrup and hazelnuts.