- 3 lb. Wild-Caught White Fish, any variety
- 64 oz. free range chicken broth
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed
- 1 Onion
- 8 oz. small carrots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ T. Chinese 5-Spice
- 8 Slices of un-cured bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 24 oz. coconut milk, full fat (2 cans - 10 - 12 oz. each)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Capture your craving for “chowd-ah” with this Paleo-friendly stew. You won’t even miss the cream. You’ll find Slow Cooker Paleo Fish Chowder so satisfying and flavorful!
- Cut fish into small pieces. Add fish and chicken broth to large slow cooker.
- Chop all vegetables, and add to crock.
- Next add garlic, Chinese 5-spice, and crumbled bacon to crock.
- Stir, cover and crock on LOW for 10 hours.
- After 10 hours, place 1/2 of the mixture into the blender, and puree.
- Add puree back to crock.
- Pour in coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Re-cover and crock on LOW 1/2 hour longer.
- Garnish with more crumbled bacon, if desired.