Cooking Time:10-11 hours
Ingredients3 lb. Wild-Caught White Fish, any variety
64 oz. free range chicken broth
10 small red potatoes
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed
8 oz. small carrots, peeled
4 garlic cloves, peeled
½ T. Chinese 5-Spice
8 Slices of un-cured bacon, cooked and crumbled
24 oz. coconut milk, full fat (2 cans - 10 - 12 oz. each)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Capture your craving for “chowd-ah” with this Paleo-friendly stew. You won’t even miss the cream. You’ll find Slow Cooker Paleo Fish Chowder so satisfying and flavorful!
- Cut fish into small pieces. Add fish and chicken broth to a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Chop all vegetables, and add to slow cooker.
- Next add garlic, Chinese 5-spice, and crumbled bacon to slow cooker.
- Stir, cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- After 10 hours, place 1/2 of the mixture into the blender, and puree.
- Add puree back to slow cooker.
- Pour in coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Re-cover and cook on LOW 1/2 hour longer.
- Garnish with more crumbled bacon, if desired.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”