- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 T. ginger, ground or fresh grated
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 1 c. ketchup
- 2 T. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. lime juice, divided
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. Cilantro, fresh
- 2 c. shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 c. red onion, sliced
These little beauties are perfect for a light weeknight meal that’s packed with flavor. Healthy and delicious!
- Add chicken, onion, ginger, garlic, ketchup, dark brown sugar, and 2 T. of lime juice to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.
- When chicken is done, remove from sauce, shred, and return to sauce.
- Adjust slow cooker temperature to WARM setting.
- Whisk remaining lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add cabbage and onion to lime juice mixture to create a slaw.
- Place shredded chicken on buns and top with slaw.