- 1 c. uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 T. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 15 oz. jar Cheese Whiz sauce
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 c. milk
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 c. fresh broccoli florets
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Rice and Broccoli is a favorite come Holiday time. Sometimes, we like to add sliced mushrooms as well. Hope you like this as much as we do!
- Lightly grease crock with 1 T. butter. Melt 1 T. butter in skillet over medium-high heat, add diced onion, and cook until translucent.
- In medium bowl, mix together soup, milk and pepper. Add rice, cooked onion, then cheese whiz. Stir in broccoli then transfer all to crock.
- Cover and crock on LOW 3-4 hours, or until rice is tender.
Optional: Adding diced chicken chunks can make this a full meal, although it would change it from a vegetarian recipe.