Cooking Time:3–4 hours
Ingredients1 c. uncooked regular long-grain white rice
2 T. butter
1/2 c. onion, diced
15 oz. jar Cheese Whiz sauce
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
2/3 c. milk
¼ tsp. pepper
2 c. fresh broccoli florets
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Rice and Broccoli is a favorite come Holiday time. Sometimes, we like to add sliced mushrooms as well. Hope you like this as much as we do!
- Lightly grease a 4–5 Quart slow cooker with butter.
- Melt 1 T. butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, and sauté until translucent. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together soup, milk and pepper.
- Add rice, cooked onion, then cheese whiz.
- Finally, stir in broccoli then transfer all to the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on LOW 3–4 hours, or until rice is tender.
Optional: Adding diced chicken chunks can make this a full meal, although it would change it from a vegetarian recipe.