- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 T. grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 T. butter, melted
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. icing (made with powdered sugar, butter and a little milk)
Slow Cooker Baked Lemon Cake is delicious and very moist. I love the light and airy taste of this delicious cake.
- Combine sugar in a bowl, with flour and salt.
- Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, egg yolks, butter and milk.
- In a seperaer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, and fold gently into lemon mixture.
- Butter and flour a bowl that will fit in you slow cooker.
- Pour into bowl and cover tightly with foil (use a rubber band that will hold the foil tight).
- Place the bowl in your slow cooker and pour enough water to come 1 inch up sides of bowl.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or until topping is set and light and fluffy.
- Icing cake before serving or dust with powdered sugar (as pictured).