- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided (can use 2%)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 T. milk, (I use almond or coconut milk)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 c. spinach, baby, chopped, (remove stems)
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Frittata’s are so easy to make in the slow cooker, especially this Slow Cooker Spinach and Cheese Frittata! Ingredients I usually have on hand too!
- Sauté onion in oil on medium for about 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker, with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wisk together sautéed onion, 3/4 cup of cheese, and remaining ingredients, and pour into slow cooker.
- Top with the rest of the cheese over the egg mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 1–1 1/2 hours, or until eggs are set.
- Test with a knife inserted in the center, if it comes out clean Frittata is done!