Cooking Time:1 - 1 1/2 hours on Low
Ingredients1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. diced onion
1 clove of garlic
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided (can use 2%)
3 egg whites
2 T. milk, (I use almond or coconut milk)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 c. spinach, baby, chopped, (remove stems)
1 Roma tomato, diced
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Frittata’s are so easy to make in the slow cooker, especially this Slow Cooker Spinach and Cheese Frittata! Ingredients I usually have on hand too!
- Sauté onion in oil on medium for about 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker, with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wisk together sautéed onion, 3/4 cup of cheese, and remaining ingredients, and pour into slow cooker.
- Top with the rest of the cheese over the egg mixture.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 1–1 1/2 hours, or until eggs are set.
- Test with a knife inserted in the center, if it comes out clean Frittata is done!