Cooking Time:2-3 hours
Ingredients1 box of yellow cake mix (not prepared, just the dry mix)
1 stick of butter
1 large can of pie filling (cherry, blueberry, or apples work great)
Want an easy recipe to make. Slow Cooker Dump Cake is made so quickly and so easily! Love to pop it in the slow cooker when I find quests may be stopping by.
- Empty the cake mix into a medium sized bowl.
- Add softened butter and combine with clean hands (should produce a “crumb” mixture)
- Pour pie filling into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Carefully sprinkle all of the mix on top of the pie filling.
- Cover and cook on High for 2-3 hours.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Note: Many newer crock pots will cook this in 2 hours. You will know it’s done when the pie filling starts bubbling through the cake mix.