Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Servings:5 or 6
Ingredients4 lb. Bottom Round Roast
5 Whole Cloves of Garlic
1 1/2 c. Brewed Coffee (Strong!)
1 Large Onion, sliced
2 c. Root vegetables of your choice (ex: potatoes, carrots, or celery)
2 T. Cornstarch
1/2 c. Water
Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Coffee is full of flavor, and will be a regular on your menu.
- Spread onions in the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Prep the roast – make slits and push whole garlic cloves into the roast.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Place root vegetables around the roast and pour coffee on top of all ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- When roast is done, carefully remove from slow cooker and set aside.
- Pour liquid from slow cooker into a pan and start to heat on medium-high.
- Combine corn starch and water in a small measuring cup until dissolved. Whisk into beef liquid and whisk frequently.
- Simmer until thickened and serve with roast & vegetables.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”