Cooking Time:6–7 hours
Ingredients1 ½ lbs. round steak, cut into 3 inch chunks
1 onion chopped, medium
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
2 c. beef broth
½ c. red wine
For last 30 minutes cooking
¼ c. cornstarch
¼ c. water
- Place round steak and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine ingredients, EXCEPT water and cornstarch, and pour over steak and onion.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6–7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch 30 minutes before serving, and add to meat mixture.
- Cover. Cook on high for the last 30 minutes, to allow the water and cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Optional: Serve over rice or noodles!