Cooking Time:6-7 hours
Ingredients1 ½ lbs. round steak, cut into 3 inch chunks
1 onion chopped, medium
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
2 c. beef broth
½ c. red wine
For last 30 minutes cooking
¼ c. cornstarch
¼ c. water
- Place round steak and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine ingredients, EXCEPT water and cornstarch, and pour over steak and onion.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch 30 minutes before serving, and add to meat mixture.
- Cover. Cook on high for the last 30 minutes, to allow the water and cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Optional: Serve over rice or noodles!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I just have one question on the Round Steak, What kind of red wine?? There are diff kinds of wine, it dont say dry or anything about what kind of red wine to use..
Hello Katrina! I use Red Cooking Wine, but I think you could use any red wine… Happy Crocking!
Thank you for the info. I have this in my crock now and it smells GOOD!! Guess now I will run to the store to get the cooking wine!! Have a great afternoon,,,