Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low or 3-4 hours on High
Ingredients2 lbs. potatoes, red skinned, unpeeled or peeled, sliced about 1/4-inch thick or potatoes of your choice
1 T. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried leaf thyme
1 onion, medium, halved, sliced
1/2 cabbage, small, coarsely chopped or shredded
1-2 apples thinly sliced (optional)
6 to 8 links of smoked sausage, such as andouille, chicken and apple, or your favorite
1/2 c. apple cider or juice
2 tsp. cider vinegar
- Arrange sliced potatoes in the bottom of a 4-to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Drizzle with the butter and sprinkle with about half of the salt, pepper, and thyme over the potatoes.
- Toss to coat then add the cabbage and onions.
- Sprinkle with remaining seasonings and top with the sausages.
- Pour the apple cider over all and then drizzle with vinegar.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.