Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients2 T. vegetable oil
4 lb. moose roast
2 c. apple juice
1 oz. envelope dry onion soup mix
If you are a fan of wild game like Moose, this will be a real treat to make Slow Cooker Moose Roast for a group of people.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the roast on all sides in the hot oil.
- Remove, and transfer to your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over the roast, then pour in the apple juice.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Check occasionally to make sure there is sufficient liquid, and add more apple juice if necessary.
Note: Serve roast with juices, or thicken the juices to make gravy. and…very Yummy with Mashed Potatoes and your favorite vegetable.