Cooking Time:8–10 hours
Ingredients3 lb. round steak or lean stewing beef, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 c. flour
1 T. curry powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. raisins
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 c. diced onion
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
14 oz. beef broth
2 apples (unpeeled), cored and finely chopped
This is an old recipe that has been in the family for a very long time! MeeMaw’s Slow Cooker Curry!
- Wipe beef well.
- Mix flour and curry powder.
- Coat meat cubes with flour mixture.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Mix garlic, raisens, sliced apples, onion, salt and pepper, and pour over beef.
- Pour in broth and stir to blend.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8–10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Before serving, stir in additional curry powder to taste (up to 1 T.) and chopped apples.
Serve over hot rice and sprinkel with coconut!
Optional: 3 lb. lean lamb may be substituted for beef!
Note: Can add 4 sliced carrots to add color!