Cooking Time:6 hours on Low or 2-3 hours on High
Ingredients1 T. vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped finely
2 T. ginger root, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2 T. black pepper
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
2 - 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
2 - 15 oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or cook 2 cups dried garbanzo beans until tender, drain, and use)
chopped green onion, optional
Slow Cooker Gingery Chickpeas in Tomato Sauce is a simple and wonderful vegetarian recipe to serve with a green salad or over rice, and a piece of soft warm bread. A COMFORT meal!
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add diced onion stirring for about 10 minutes, until it begins to brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add balsamic vinegar and tomatoes.
- Put chickpeas in slow cooker.
- Pour hot tomato mixture over chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
Option: When serving, top each bowl with chopped green onions, if desired.
Serve over rice or not?