Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 oz. pineapple juice
3 T. vinegar
3 T. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. fresh ginger, grated (I keep mine in the freezer - you can grate it frozen)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
sesame seeds, for garnish
Here’s a healthy alternative to traditional teriyaki chicken. This recipe is great served over rice, or for a healthier option, mixed steamed vegetables. I make this chicken and serve over sautéed bell peppers and onions to keep the carbs low. Leftovers make a nice compliment to eggs for breakfast. Happy Crocking!
- Grease slow cooker with non-stick spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with remaining ingredients EXCEPT sesame seeds.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.
- Spoon chicken over rice or vegetables.
- Top with sauce from the slow cooker and sprinkle with sesame seeds.