Cooking Time:7-8 hours on Low or 5-6 hours on High
Ingredients1 carrot, large, chopped
1 onion, medium, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 T. tomato paste
2 tsp. thyme, dried
1 tsp. oregano, dried
Kosher salt and black pepper
14.5 oz. tomatoes, diced, canned
1 1/2 lb. pork, boneless, shoulder or butt, trimmed and cut in half
3/4 lb. fettuccini
Grated Parmesan, for serving
If you are looking for the perfect meal to make… then look no longer as you will love Slow Cooker Pasta with Pork Ragu!
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine the carrot, onion, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Add the tomatoes (and the juices); add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours or on High for 5-6 hours, or until the pork is very tender.
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the fettuccine according to the directions on the package, drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, using 2 forks, shred the pork and mix it into the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the Ragu and sprinkle with Parmesan.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Can your pork be frozen when you put it in the crock-pot?
It can Katie, but if frozen I start it on High so it will get the meat to the desired temperature and usually takes a little longer to crock than if it were thawed. Hope this helps, and Happy Crocking!
[…] Pasta with Pork Ragu […]