Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients2 lb. ground beef, lean (at least 80%) or ground turkey
2 onions, medium, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 c. bell pepper, green, chopped(1/2 medium)
28 oz. sauce, pizza, jars
3.5 oz. pepperoni, slice, chopped
1 tsp. basil leaves, dried
1/2 tsp.oregano leaves, dried
18 sandwich buns, split
2 c. cheese, Mozzarella, shredded
If you like Pizza and you like Sloppy Joes, what better way to enjoy your favorites than to make Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes.
- Brown the ground beef or ground turkey in a large skillet with onions over on medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until meat is thoroughly cooked and drain.
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spoon meat mixture into slow cooker.
- Mix in bell pepper, pizza sauce, pepperoni, basil and oregano.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- When serving on your buns, top off the meat mixture with cheese! YUMMY!
NOTE: We like our buns toasted or warmed!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
If I half the recipe will the cooking time change?
Dany, if you halve the recipe, the cooking time will be the same but the crock pot is what will most likely be different. As a rule of thumb, the crock pot should be 1/2 to 3/4 full to crock properly. Hope this helps! Happy Crocking!