Cooking Time:4–6 hours
Ingredients2 lb. ground beef, lean (at least 80%) or ground turkey
2 onions, medium, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 c. bell pepper, green, chopped(1/2 medium)
28 oz. sauce, pizza, jars
3.5 oz. pepperoni, slice, chopped
1 tsp. basil leaves, dried
1/2 tsp.oregano leaves, dried
18 sandwich buns, split
2 c. cheese, Mozzarella, shredded
If you like Pizza and you like Sloppy Joes, what better way to enjoy your favorites than to make Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes.
- Brown the ground beef or ground turkey in a large skillet with onions over on medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until meat is thoroughly cooked and drain.
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spoon meat mixture into slow cooker.
- Mix in bell pepper, pizza sauce, pepperoni, basil and oregano.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- When serving on your buns, top off the meat mixture with cheese! YUMMY!
NOTE: We like our buns toasted or warmed!