Cooking Time:10 hours
Ingredients1 lb. lima beans
8 c. water
1 ham bone, alternative bacon
1 c. celery, chop finely
2 potatoes, medium, chop finely
1 carrot, medium, chop finely
1 onion, chop finely
2 T. parsley, fresh, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground pepper (fresh)
1 bay leaf
Slow Cooker Lima Beans are a great side dish to serve with any dinner.
- Wash dried beans, and soak overnight as pictured.
- Drain beans and transfer to the slow cooker
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT fresh parsley.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 hours.
- Remove ham bone and bay leaf.
- Pull all meat off the ham bone to add back to soup.
Just before serving, stir in fresh parsley.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!