Cooking Time:10 hours
Ingredients1 lb. lima beans
8 c. water
1 ham bone, alternative bacon
1 c. celery, chop finely
2 potatoes, medium, chop finely
1 carrot, medium, chop finely
1 onion, chop finely
2 T. parsley, fresh, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground pepper (fresh)
1 bay leaf
Slow Cooker Lima Beans are a great side dish to serve with any dinner.
- Wash dried beans, and soak overnight as pictured.
- Drain beans and transfer to the slow cooker
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT fresh parsley.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 hours.
- Remove ham bone and bay leaf.
- Pull all meat off the ham bone to add back to soup.
Just before serving, stir in fresh parsley.