Cooking Time:2-4 hours
Ingredients1 lb. beef shank on bone
4 c. beef stock
4 c. water
2 carrots, peeled
3 celery stalks, thickly sliced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
4 garlic cloves
1 onion, quartered
1 large parsnip
Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
This hearty beef stew could not be simpler. Minimal prep and simple ingredients combine to create a hassle-free weeknight dinner!
- Season beef with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Optional: Lightly sear beef in a hot skillet for a few minutes on each side.
- Place beef shank, broth, water, potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, and onion into crock.
- Place parsnips on top of the liquid.
- Cover and crock LOW 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Crock Pot Cooking”