Cooking Time:6–8 hours
Ingredients4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper
1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp. Ground Allspice
1/2 c. Plain Yogurt, low-fat
1/2 Medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c. Light Feta Cheese
2 Medium Tomatoes, seeded & diced
1/2 Cucumber, peeled and diced
Hubby is a big fan of Pita Sandwiches and hopefully you will be too when you make this recipe for Slow Cooker Greek Pita Chicken Sandwiches!
- Place onions in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Layer chicken on top of onions and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6–8 hours.
- Shred chicken apart with two forks and stir in yogurt.
- Spoon into warm pita bread.
- Garnish with feta cheese, red onion, tomatoes and cucumber.
Serve We love avocados and black olives on our pitas, too! Use the toppings of your choice.. 🙂