Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper
1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp. Ground Allspice
1/2 c. Plain Yogurt, low-fat
1/2 Medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c. Light Feta Cheese
2 Medium Tomatoes, seeded & diced
1/2 Cucumber, peeled and diced
Hubby is a big fan of Pita Sandwiches and hopefully you will be too when you make this recipe for Slow Cooker Greek Pita Chicken Sandwiches!
- Place onions in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Layer chicken on top of onions and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken apart with two forks and stir in yogurt.
- Spoon into warm pita bread.
- Garnish with feta cheese, red onion, tomatoes and cucumber.
Serve We love avocados and black olives on our pitas, too! Use the toppings of your choice.. 🙂
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Could I use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe?
Lacey the reason why so many recipes want your meat thawed is because they want your meat to get to a safe temperature, and if on Low and Frozen it may not get to the right temperature to be safe. Some slow cookers crock hot and therefore you are not at as much risk for meat going bad, but I would only crock frozen meat on High! Hope this helps answer your question. 🙂