Cooking Time:4-5 hours
IngredientsSauerkraut – 1 large bag, about 2 pounds
Red Cabbage – half of one medium head, shredded.
Beef Kielbasa – 1 to 1.5 pounds, sliced into 1/2″ or 1″ pieces. (or sausage of your choice)
Everyone is German in October, right?! Impress your family with this simple one pot meal!
- Pour the sauerkraut into crock, including the juices.
- Add the shredded red cabbage and mix into the sauerkraut.
- Cut the kielbasa into 1/2″ to 1″ lengths
- Place the kielbasa (cut sides up) around the edges of the slow cooker to form a ring. Use the excess kielbasa slices to start a second ring inside of the first.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 – 5 hours..
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Did you cook this with the potatoes as shown in the picture? And if so was the time the same?
Hi Mary, I did! It all depends on the potatoes, sometimes they don’t get done, so a trick I use is to microwave them for about 5 minutes before adding to the recipe, and no additional time is needed. Hope this helps and Happy Crocking!