Cooking Time:8–10 hours
Ingredients3–4 lbs lamb shoulder and neck bones
3 ancho chilies
4 arbol chilies
1 can diced tomatoes, or fresh equiv.
3 c. free- range chicken stock
1 white onion, sliced
8 oz. white mushrooms, quartered
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. vinegar
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cumin
Chopped cilantro (garnish)
Turn up the heat in your kitchen with this Moroccan-inspired Slow Cooker Paleo Spicy Lamb stew.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- At the same time, heat a small pan over medium heat.
- Remove stems and seeds from chiles.
- Saute chiles in pan for 5 minutes.
- Place the chilies in the boiling water and remove pan from heat. Soak 20 minutes.
- Puree the chilies, 2 cups of chicken stock, and can of tomatoes in a blender.
- Layer the bottom of your slow cooker with the lamb meat and bones. Cover with sliced onions, the chili puree, garlic and spices. Add the remaining 1 cup of chicken stock and vinegar.
- Cover and crock on LOW 8–10 hours
- When there are 3 hours remaining, add the chopped mushrooms and stir the stew.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. Garnish with cilantro.