Cooking Time:3–4 hours
Ingredients2–3 lbs. beets
4–6 T. Olive Oil
It’s no secret that beets pack a powerful nutritional punch. Try them “roasted” in your crock for a classic holiday side dish or sliced up for a delicious salad.
- Scrub beets to remove all dirt traces.
- Slightly trim the very tops or any root ends of the beets.
- Drizzle each beet with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and wrap in a small square piece of foil. Twist the foil until each beet is securely wrapped.
- Place wrapped beets inside a 4-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 3 -4 hours, or until tender when poked with fork.
- Let beets cool, snip ends, and then remove skin/peels easily. Slice and enjoy!
Note: Crumbled goat cheese and a little orange zest over these beets add a nice touch!