Cooking Time:6 1/2 - 7 1/2 hours
Ingredients1 Medium Onion, chopped
1/2 c. Kalamata olives, pitted
1/2 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, drained and chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
4 lb. Boneless Turkey Breast
1/2 c. Chicken Broth
1 T. Corn Starch
There are truly so many different recipes for turkey, but this Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey is among one of the best. ENJOY!
- Combine onions, olives, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place turkey breast in a 6-Quart or larger slow cooker. Top with thyme sprig and seasoning ingredients from step 1.
- Pour chicken broth around the turkey.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove turkey and set aside, covered, to keep warm.
- Combine corn starch with 1/4 c. water in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into broth in slow cooker.
- Cover and Crock for an additional 15-30 minutes on HIGH or until thickened to create gravy.
- Slice turkey and serve with gravy from slow cooker.
Optional: Can always use this recipe with chicken.
NOTE: Using a meat thermometer is always a good idea when making a turkey, also if you like to brown your turkey up, place in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
[…] Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey Breast […]
I have an 8lb breast. Do I need to adjust the cooking time for that?
Robin you will be doubling this recipe with an 8 lb. breast, you just need to make sure your slow cooker is large enough for your bird. But crocking time should be about the same. My suggestions would be to invest in a meat thermometer just to make sure. Happy Crocking!
What is greek seasoning?
It is a dry seasoning you can purchase at the grocery store, or you can go on line and make your own. Homemade can be stored for up to 6 months. Thank you and Happy Crocking!
can you use a bone-in turkey breast?
You can! 🙂
Do I need to thaw the turkey first?