Cooking Time:7-8 hours
Ingredients2-3 lb. beef roast
1 large shallot
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 c. dark coffee
2 T. orange zest
1 cinnamon stick
2 T. 100% Pure maple syrup
Take that boring old roast up a notch with this deeply flavorful sauce made with coffee, cinnamon, orange zest, and pure maple syrup. Seriously Slow Cooker Paleo Cinnamon-Coffee Braised Roast is delicious!
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in skillet. Season beef with salt and pepper and sear roast on all sides (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Place roast in crock.
- Saute shallot in same pan (used to sear roast) for several minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add coffee, orange zest, cinnamon stick and maple syrup to the pan, scraping brown bits from pan.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil, then turn heat to simmer for 2-3 more minutes..
- Pour coffee mixture over the roast in crock, covering well.
- Cover and crock on Low for 7-8 hours.