Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients10 oz. Frozen Corn
4 Small, Red Potatoes - cleaned and quartered.
1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
3/4 c. Chopped Carrots
1 tsp. Thyme, dried
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
3 c. Chicken Broth
1/2 c. Water
1 c. Evaporated Milk
3 T. Cornstarch
6 oz. Canned Crab Meat, drained
1/2 c. Green Onions, sliced
Crab is so versatile; it works well in soups and stews, pasta dishes, and of course-crab cakes! I like to stock up when it’s on sale and make a big batch of this yummy, healthy soup–Slow Cooker Potato Crab Chowder.
- Place potatoes and carrots in the bottom of a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Next add the chopped onion on top potatoes/carrots in the slow cooker.
- Add thyme, garlic, and pepper.
- Next, pour broth and water into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, stir together evaporated milk and cornstarch in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into the slow cooker and stir ingredients. Lightly mash potatoes.
- Stir in the corn.
- Re-cover and cook on LOW 1 hour.
- Lastly, stir in crab meat and green onions right before serving.