Cooking Time:1 1/2 — 2 hours on High
Ingredients21 oz cherry pie filling
1 c. flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 c. slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
What is your favorite cobbler? One of mine would be Cherry, but I could see this made with any fruit as a cobbler.
- Lightly grease or use cooking spray the inside of a 3 1/2- 4 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the pie filling into the crock.
- Hand beat the rest of the ingredients until the batter is smooth, EXCLUDING the optional slivered almonds.
- If adding almonds, add these to the batter once smooth.
- Spread the batter gently and evenly over the pie filling in the crock.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until a tooth pick pierced into the center of the cobbler comes out clean.
Delicious served with cream, custard or your favorite ice cream.