Cooking Time:1 Hour on High
Ingredients2 c. Packed Brown Sugar
1 Stick of Salted Butter
3/4 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
10 Caramel pieces
I’m going to apologize in advance because this Slow Cooker Buttery Caramel Dip is A-MAZING and oh-so-addicting. Recently on ABC in Phoenix, I shared three dips perfect for National Pretzel Month (and perfect for Oktoberfest) and this was one of them! It’s simple to make, delicious to eat, and pair well with soft pretzels, crunchy pretzels, or even fruit!
- Melt butter in a stovetop-safe slow cooker insert over medium heat. (see my favorite one HERE)
- Mix in the brown sugar, followed by the heavy whipping cream.
- Increase heat to medium-high and heat until mixture starts to bubble.
- Use pot holders and transfer insert to a slow cooker base.
- Set heat to HIGH and stir in caramels.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour or until sauce is thickened to your liking.
- Serve from the slow cooker on the “WARM” setting or transfer to a Crock-Pot® Lunch Crock Food Warmer to serve.
NOTE: This is an easy one to prepare a day ahead of time and set in the refrigerator to thicken overnight. Simply heat and serve the next day!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!