- 2 quarts 2% milk
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c small pearl tapioca (not instant)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
Slow Cooker Chocolate Tapioca Pudding will satisfy just about anyone, but the kiddos will love, love, love it!
- Combine the milk, sugar and tapioca in a 4 quart slow cooker. Stir well to mix.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH for two hours. (mix will be soupy).
- Whisk together the eggs, almond extract, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- Temper the eggs: Measure 1/2 cup of the hot tapioca mix from the slow cooker and whisk it into the eggs. Repeat this two more times, continuously whisking to fully temper the eggs (so you don’t have scrambled eggs in your pudding!)
- Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes to one hour, or until the tapioca has begun to swell and thicken.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the lid. Let it stand for 30 minutes to thicken further.
- Remove from slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Cover with plastic setting directly on top of the tapioca (to prevent a skin from forming), and chill.
- Serve cold.