- 2 quarts 2% milk
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c small pearl tapioca (not instant)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
Slow Cooker Chocolate Tapioca Pudding will satisfy just about anyone, but the kiddo’s will love, love, love it!
- Combine the milk, sugar and tapioca in a 4 quart slow cooker. Stir well to mix.
- Cover. Cook on High for two to three hours. (mix will be soupy).
- Whisk together the eggs, almond extract, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the hot tapioca/milk mix from the crockpot, and stir into the eggs, whisking all the time.
- Add another 1/2 cup of the hot mix, whisk thoroughly, and then another 1/2 cup. This is important for the consistency of the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker and stir very thoroughly to combine.
- Cover. Cook on High for 30 minutes to one hour, or until the tapioca has begun to swell and thicken.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the lid. Let it stand for an hour to thicken further.
- Remove from slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Cover with plastic setting directly on top of the tapioca (to prevent a skin from forming), and chill.