- 1 loaf of Bread (16 oz)
- 12 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Flavoring
- 4 c. Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c. Walnuts (optional)
Slow Cooker French Toast is just another great breakfast alternative. Enjoy!
- Use a 5 – 6 quart slow cooker when making this recipe.
- Slice your bread into large slices and place into the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the bread.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
NOTE: The toast is done when the bread has soaked up all of the liquid and the egg has cooked. (You will be able to see bits of cooked egg stuck to the outside of the bread.)
NOTE: Remove the lid for the last 20 – 30 minutes of the crocking time remaining. (This will allow the remaining moisture in the slow cooker to evaporate and help the bread “toast” evenly.)
Optional: Adding raisins or craisins is a very tasty option!