- 1 c. zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 c. yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieced
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
This Italian-style breakfast is a great alternative for vegetarians. Complete Slow Cooker Fresh Vegetables & Three Cheese Frittata with fresh fruit, toast and a cup of steaming Italian espresso.
- In a medium skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and garlic until tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to the slow cooker, and add the remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
Note: Virtually any vegetable can be used in a frittata.